PRODUCT DESIGNER (INTERNSHIP/WORKING STUDENT)
About the Product Designer role (internship/working student position)
We are looking for a passionate and self-driven Product Design Intern who thrives in an ever-changing environment.
The Product design intern will work with our 3D printers, CAD and/or other design software, to create new products and improve our current designs.
We are currently working on optical system development and smartphone-based complementary product designs.
This role requires office presence, but our work schedule is flexible, we focus on targets and goals and not on time spent at the office.
● Flexible working schedule.
● Access to makerspace @ UnternehmerTUM.
● Free usage of 3D printers when not busy.
● Training in ophthalmological medical devices.
● Friday beer.
- Full product cycle development: from prototyping to production.
- Operate in-house 3D printers. Slicer software and physical printing.
- New product design/improvement of current portfolio (Solidworks/Fusion360).
- Rendering of designs.
- Create drawings and technical documentation for suppliers.
You are our ideal colleague if you:
- Background in mechanical, biomedical, mechatronics engineering with technical training in product design, even if you don’t have previous professional experience.
- Interest in additive manufacturing and 3D printing.
- Experience running and maintaining 3D printing machines (FDM).
- Technical knowledge of GD&T (tolerances, drawings).
- Proficiency using MS Office: Powerpoint, Word, Excel.
- 3D modeling with Solidworks, CATIAv5 and/or Fusion 360.
Why join Custom Surgical
At Custom Surgical, we create, manufacture and sell 3D printed medical devices for different healthcare needs. Our MedTech startup was founded in Germany in 2019. Since then, we have successfully run our first Kickstarter campaign and we have reached over 30 countries with our first product, MicroREC.
We are further developing other projects that are already available or in progress to be launched in the near future.
We are on a mission to bring innovative solutions to medicine in developing countries through our work and expertise in 3D printing, AI and healthcare. Get to know our team and skills here!
Making an impact
It is extremely fulfilling to know the solutions we offer can help doctors and patients in developing countries, where resources are usually limited or too expensive.
Passion for innovation
We are Agile in the best of ways! And that means for us that we encourage new ideas and we adapt our workflow quickly to focus on those who can grow into innovative solutions.
As a startup company, we are in our infancy and we’re growing fast! The people who join us early on will be the ones that can grow professionally with us long term in key positions.