PRODUCT DESIGN INTERNSHIP
About the Product Design Internship
We are looking for a passionate and self-driven Product Design Intern who thrives in an ever-changing environment.
The Product design intern will work with our 3D printers, Fusion 360 and/or other design software, to create new products and improve our current designs.
We are currently working on our device packaging, smartphone case designs to work along our optical systems, and improvement of our current successful products.
This role is presential, but our work schedule is flexible, we focus on targets and goals and not on time spent at the office. We are offering a 6-month internship.
● Access to makerspace @ UTUM
● Paid courses @ makerspace
● Free usage of 3D printers when not busy
● Training in ophthalmological medical devices
● Friday beer
- Operate in-house 3D printers. Slicer software and physical printing
- New product design/improvement (Fusion 360)
- Rendering of designs
- Brochure design
You are our ideal colleague if you:
- Have technical training in mechanical, biomedical, mechatronics engineering or product design, even if you don’t have previous professional experience (students are also accepted)
- Experience with additive manufacturing. (FDM, SLA, SLS, MJF)
- Experience with slicing software (Cura, Slic3r)
- Proficiency using MS Office: Powerpoint, Word, Excel
- 3D modeling with Fusion 360
Why join Custom Surgical
At Custom Surgical, we create, manufacture and sell 3D printed medical systems for different healthcare needs. Our MedTech startup was founded in Germany in April of 2019. Since, we have successfully run our first Kickstarter campaign and we have reached over 23 countries with our first product, MicroREC.
We are further developing other projects that are already available or in progress to be launched in the near future.
We are on a mission to bring innovative solutions to medicine in developing countries through our work and expertise in 3D printing, AI and healthcare. Get to know our team and skills here!
Making an impact
It is extremely fulfilling to know the solutions we offer can help doctors and patients in developing countries, where resources are usually limited or too expensive.
Passion for innovation
We are Agile in the best of ways! And that means for us that we encourage new ideas and we adapt our workflow quickly to focus on those who can grow into innovative solutions.
As a startup company, we are in our infancy and we’re growing fast! The people who join us early on will be the ones that can grow professionally with us long term in key positions.