About the Mobile Developer role (internship/working student position)
We are looking for a passionate and self-driven mobile developer intern who thrives in an ever-changing environment.
At the moment, our software team is focused on improving our MicroREC App, an application that improves the clinical functionality of our microscopic recording equipment and provides surgeons with enhanced user experience
The candidate will work with our software development team contributing to our codebase, mainly to our app, improving current features, and creating new ones that enhance our products’ value and customer experience.
This role allows remote work, but the candidate will be provided with the required equipment and a place in our Munich office if necessary.
Our work schedule is flexible, we focus on targets and goals and not on time spent at the office.
- Being part of an international and experienced team
- Start-up culture
- Opportunity to shape the technical side of a fast-growing, high-impact startup
- Remote and flexible working schedule
- Training in ophthalmic medical devices
- Friday beer
- Implement new features for our app
- Improve the usability and stability of our app
- Assist with user research tasks, in order to understand customer needs and design new features
You are our ideal colleague if you:
- Background in computer science, software development, information technology with technical training in software development
- Love coding, even if you don’t have previous professional experience
- Are interested in mobile development, modern JS frameworks and cloud computing
- Have experience in Mobile development (UX/UI)
- Are familiar with JS and React / React Native
- Are familiar with version control tools (git)
- Have previous experience building mobile app backends with either Firebase, Python (Flask) or Node.js
- Having experience building native iOS and Android apps is a plus
- Having experience building and deploying software on Google Cloud or other cloud provider is a plus
Why join Custom Surgical
At Custom Surgical, we create, manufacture and sell 3D printed medical devices for different healthcare needs. Our MedTech startup was founded in Germany in 2019. Since then, we have successfully run our first Kickstarter campaign and we have reached over 30 countries with our first product, MicroREC.
We are further developing other projects that are already available or in progress to be launched in the near future.
We are on a mission to bring innovative solutions to medicine in developing countries through our work and expertise in 3D printing, AI and healthcare. Get to know our team and skills here!
Making an impact
It is extremely fulfilling to know the solutions we offer can help doctors and patients in developing countries, where resources are usually limited or too expensive.
Passion for innovation
We are Agile in the best of ways! And that means for us that we encourage new ideas and we adapt our workflow quickly to focus on those who can grow into innovative solutions.
As a startup company, we are in our infancy and we’re growing fast! The people who join us early on will be the ones that can grow professionally with us long term in key positions.